VIS IN ASSOCIATION WITH
- Extracurricular activities help children to develop their social skills and learn how to work in a team to achieve a shared goal.
- These activities allow your child the opportunity to explore different areas of interest, increase self-confidence, build leadership skills and even improve grades — all while having fun!
- VIS joins hands with Kalakshetra Foundation, Chennai and enhances cultural values among students through Bharatanatyam dance and Indian classical music.
Chennai Equitation Center
- Horses symbolize power and courage most gracefully and inspire people to be independent, confident, and heroic.
- Horse riding has been considered one of the most majestic activities for a long time till the present day.
- Chennai Centurion Cricket Academy is located at Injambakkam.
- We have eminent and expert coaches. Mr.KARTHIKEYAN B is the head coach, the team is well trained under his guidance. The academy is assisted by coaches Mr. Logeshwaran and Karthik S. Experts in the advisory committee from Australian cricketers.
Mahogany Football Club
- Mahogany Football Club, founded in 2006, set out on a mission to provide the missing training platform for young football players in Chennai.
- After a decade of developing the sport at the grassroots level, Mahogany FC became the first academy from Tamil Nadu to be accredited by the All India Football Federation in 2014, and the only youth club to participate in all the AIFF Youth Leagues since its inception in 2015.
- Mahogany FC offers training programs tailored for all age groups & skill levels. Having trained more than 6000 young players over a decade, Mahogany FC is today one of the largest grassroots academies in India.
John Dance Academy
- John Dance Academy started in 2014, acts as a platform that allows students to trust their passion and bring out the dancer in them. For nearly 8 years we have trained hundreds of students of all age groups, showcasing budding talents on stage with annual dance shows.
- Our primary goal is to stimulate personal growth and development and especially to have FUN!! Our vision is to make everyone dance. We offer a safe learning environment, where encouragement is given along with constructive criticism.
Learning to think and work as one
- VIS subscribes to the adage of ‘A healthy mind in a healthy body’.
- Our learning system places sporting and physical activities on an equal footing with classroom learning.
- We recognize sporting fields as cradles of leadership and team-spirit.
- To promote sports activities, VIS provides state of the art infrastructure and facilities along with training by qualified Physical Education teachers, coaches and trainers.
Sports facilities available:
Athletics, Basketball, Cricket, Football, Tennis, Volleyball, Handball, Hockey, Swimming, Yoga, Martial Arts, Archery and Horse Riding.
Fostering a deep sense of belonging
- VIS boarding school features the ‘House System’, which enjoys a long and worthy tradition in schools.
- When students are placed in a ‘house’ or a group, they develop a sense of team-play and identify themselves with others.
- Students are placed into one of the four houses – Red, Blue, Green and Yellow.
- Students elect House Captains, Head Boy, Head Girl, Sports Captain and Activities Captain which forms the Students’ Council.
- The Student Council will discharge its duties in accordance with the guidelines set forth by the School Leadership.
- Teachers are allotted to each house and in turn, take the responsibility of the House-in-Charge.
Providing the Right Direction for Life
- VIS provides young minds with counselling and professional career guidance.
- This helps them identify and choose the most appropriate stream of university education and make suitable career choices.
- Additionally, it also expands and enriches their outlook.
- This task is better performed through administering psychometric tests which help in analysing the interests of students and helps figure out their capabilities and interest.
Embracing the delights of the outdoors
- Outdoor tours are organized by VIS to inculcate a sense of adventure and discovery, aimed at helping students appreciate nature.
- Outdoor tours also help develop spatial intelligence.
- These outdoor trips are organized in the form of weekend camps, adventure camps, excursions, study tours etc.
- The tours and activities are well-structured, age-appropriate and monitored by school authorities.
Exploring interests and nurturing talents
- VIS values and nurtures the students’ individuality and desire for self-expression.
- Hobbies and personal interests are given due importance as platforms for students to showcase their abilities.
- Activities range from robotics to sculpture, photography to theatre and public speaking.
Moving beyond boundaries
- VIS believes in exploring cultures as not only a knowledge-gaining endeavour, but one that adds more colour and vibrancy to young lives.
- Student and Faculty Exchange Programmes are organized with other reputed National and International Schools in India and overseas.
- Exchange programmes will be structured with mutual consent to share success stories, good practices, universal values, and to prepare the students for future challenges and inspire them to work towards global peace and harmony.
- Srividya Veeraraghavan is a professional multilingual ( English/ Tamil/ Hindi) Oral Storyteller, Trainer, Consultant and Motivator. She is also the founder of an initiative Story Train, Chennai to promote oral storytelling across domains for teaching, management and engagement.
- With the background of more than 15 years of overall experience in Human resource management, Training, Corporate Social Responsibility, Content Writing, Theatre, Acting and Oral storytelling, she brings along great responsibility to deliver as per the need of the organizations and audiences at large.
- She has to her credit working with many major and globally leading brands and institutions ranging from Schools, Publication, Corporate, Libraries, Hospital and NGOs. She has also been part of the Tamilnadu Department of Elementary Education governed Story Corner project (2018-19) as the core trainer and key resource.
- In 2019, Srividya Veeraraghavan also took her 1st International trip as a recognized talent resource storyteller via scholarship to Madison, WI, US to attend their Northlands Storytelling Confabulation.
- In media, she has performed for DD Podhigai, Hello FM 106.4, Radio Mirchi, All India Radio and has been exclusively covered for her unique works in Dina Malar, Indian Express, The Hindu, Dainik Jagaran and Pillar Times and a leading storytelling resource website tale-a-tale.com.
- It was an honour to get noticed by the honorable Prime Minister of India Shri Narendra Modi, where he mentioned her work from Tamilnadu in his ‘Mann ki Baath’ (Sept 2020).
- Recent highlights – Being featured in Mangai Solaigal at DD Podhigai as part of Women Achievers/ Women empowerment program.
- Otomatiks is a trade mark registered firm delivering the prompt service on robotics training to our clients since 2011. Our enthusiastic team with talented engineers were trained in such a way to get deep into students’ soul and make them realize what they were in need. Till date Otomatiks has trained more than 75000+ students on robotics.